Robert B. Kornitzer brings over two decades of family law experience to your case. A past Founder and Chair of Pashman Stein Walder Hayden’s Family Law Group, he brings expertise in all aspects of family law including divorce litigation, mediation, arbitration, post-judgment litigation, custody, relocation, domestic violence, premarital agreements, assets protection agreements, grandparents rights, spousal and child support.
Mr. Kornitzer is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney as well as Court Appointed Discovery Master. Mr. Kornitzer is registered with the American Bar Association’s Military Pro Bono Project, a nationwide program that connects junior-enlisted servicemembers in need of pro bono legal help with volunteer attorneys throughout the nation. In 2016, he was recognized with the ABA Military Pro Bono Project Outstanding Services Award for his extraordinary pro bono services.
Robert Kornitzer holds B.S. from the State University of New York at Albany and a JD and M.B.A., from Boston University. He has been ranked by Best Lawyers as one of NJ’s top Family and Divorce attorneys for the past three years.
- Court Appointed Discovery Master
- Family Law Blog: njfamilylawsolutions.com
- Qualified Family Law Mediator
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- Passaic County Bar Association (Family Law Section member; past and Chair-Education Committee)
- Bergen County Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- Barry Croland Family Inns of Court (Secretary)
- Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist (Passaic, Morris, Bergen)
- District V-B Ethics Committee
- NJAJ (Family Law Section – past subcommittee chair)
- CPE Seminar (Divorce Planning – A Primer for the C.P.A., January 2011)
- NJ Association of Professional Mediators
- Professionalism Committee – Bergen County Bar Association
- Ranked in the 2016 and 2017 editions of Best Lawyers list for his Family Law practice, and in 2018 for Family Law
- Family Law Arbitration and Family Law Mediation
- The Best Lawyers list is issued by Woodward/White, Inc.
Seminars and Presentations
- “Prenuptial Agreements, Reconciliation and Mid-Marriage Agreements: Soup to Nuts,” NJAJ Seminar, April 30, 2015
- “Family Law: Advanced Issues,” National Business Institute, November 14, 2014
- “Divorce and Children,” Rutgers-New Jersey Medical Center (Newark), March 7, 2014
- “Asset Protection in the Context of Divorce Planning,” July 19, 2012, CPE credits provided
- “Divorce Planning – A Primer for the CPA,” January 2011, CPE credits provided
- Interviewed by NJTV News for the segment titled “Rules of Religious Divorce in Orthodox Jewish Community Led to Kidnapping,” April 27, 2015
- Interviewed by Access Hollywood in regards to Halle Berry’s child support situation, November 3, 2014
- Fathers and Custody, WLTW Radio, (10/28/2012)